About Me

My photo
Edmonds, Washington, United States
I am running for Edmonds City Council, Position #1. This blog is about my adventures in doorbelling and other random thoughts.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Coffee Anyone?

My mother and father in law, Jenny and Jerry, are in town from Scottsdale AZ this weekend. They were downtown and loved the new mural. Jenny's comment was: "The mural has taken a dark wall and turned it to art. I love it!" I'm so very proud to be a founding member of the Edmonds Mural Society. Oh...and thank you very much Jenny for that great Apple Brown Betty!

I want to take a moment to thank my friends Randy and Theresa Hollis for hosting a great neighborhood coffee get-together at their home. Randy was one of the people that worked very, very hard doorbelling with me in 2008 (I was the Edmonds Regional coordinator for the combined Obama/Gregoire campaign).

I had some great conversation with the Hollis' friends and neighbors. It appears that everyone is ready for a change in Edmonds. They are tired of a Council that does not have a vision and is always looking for a quick fix, like selling the fire department, to address our long standing economic problems.

As an aside, I found it interesting that Mr. Plunkett is excited about the outcome of litigation to solve our financial difficulties - especially as he had just denied that Edmonds had a budget problem. This is yet another example of a "quick fix" mindset without any consideration of the long term consequences.


Remember, ballots drop soon. I need all of you to tell two friends to tell two friends to tell two friends to vote for me. I can only win this election with your help.

Until tomorrow my friends.

Priya


No comments:

Post a Comment