About Me

My photo
Edmonds, Washington, United States
I am running for Edmonds City Council, Position #1. This blog is about my adventures in doorbelling and other random thoughts.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Desperate Opponent?

So the last time I had written, I had fallen. I found out just Friday that I broke my ankle. But, that has not slowed me down much. I have a boot on for 4 to 6 weeks, but am still mobile. Life is still good!

About a week and a half until the campaign is over. The Young Democrats were here today to help me with a literature drop. I've been sign waving every day. And, I am looking forward to my Halloween table in downtown Edmonds next Saturday. We have stickers and candy to give away. The only question now is what should I dress up as? I am open to suggestions.

Some interesting issues have unfolded during this last week and I want to make sure that everyone knows what is going on. Mr. Plunkett has accused me of taking money from the Edmond Shopping Associates (ESA). This is an outright lie. I do not understand why he would lie about something like this, as it is a violation of campaign finance law to make such statements.

No one working on my campaign has every taken money on my behalf from the ESA. I would encourage readers to look at the PDC website. The information is easily verifiable, as Mr. Plunkett says. But, he's hoping he dupes the Citizens of Edmonds into taking his word. Fortunately, I know my neighbors and friends are smarter than that. I was grateful to my neighbors who came out to defend me in the Beacon. I am especially grateful to the Edmonds Police Association who came out with a letter of support in the Beacon. (My website. www.votepriya.com, has a link to the letters) I have also added a new page on my website called "Fiction or Fact" which clears up other misconceptions perpetrated by Mr. Plunkett and Mr. Orvis.

As I have always said: no matter the outcome of this election, I will still have to face my friends and neighbors, including Mr. Plunkett, on the street. I would not be able to do that if I ran my campaign like Mr. Plunkett, or his campaign manager, Mr. Orvis, has run his. Hey,but, that's just me. Even my 5 year old knows that fibbing and name calling are not okay.

Only about 10% of Edmonds has voted as of Friday. So, if you have not voted, please do. And, if you see me standing on a street corner waving a sign, please honk!

Until tomorrow my friends.

Priya


No comments:

Post a Comment