About Me

My photo
Edmonds, Washington, United States
I am running for Edmonds City Council, Position #1. This blog is about my adventures in doorbelling and other random thoughts.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Doorbelling with Young Democrats

The Snohomish County Young Democrats (a.k.a. YD's) doorbelled with me today. They have doorbelled multiple times for me throughout the Summer and Fall. For those of you who don't know the YD's, they are a great group of young people. Each and every time I work with the YD's, I am energized by these young people. They work hard, think deeply, and will be our future leaders. They are also great role models for my boys. Thank you YD's for all the time and energy you have given me this year!

My young friend Lily H. also doorbelled with me today. And we finished our goal today!

The street we left for last was a hill that was at a 40 degree angle. We had been doorbelling at least 3 hours by this time. We stood at the bottom, looking straight up the hill, took a deep breath and hiked up one end and down the other. Was it worth the climb? Of course it was! Each citizen I speak to on these doorbelling outings brings me a greater understanding of the issues that the citizens think are important. So, I will continue climbing the big hills, going out in the rain, and falling down stairs (okay, hopefully not, but see my last post in August).

Tomorrow is the second debate at the Senior Center. I wonder....will Mr. Plunkett finally reveal his platform to us?

Until tomorrow my friends.

Priya

No comments:

Post a Comment