About Me

My photo
Edmonds, Washington, United States
I am running for Edmonds City Council, Position #1. This blog is about my adventures in doorbelling and other random thoughts.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Doorbelling In Uncertain Weather

Today was a crazy doorbelling day. When I started it was cold and and the sky was dark with clouds. I changed into jeans and a sweater to keep warm. I grabbed a rain coat because it looked like rain. By the time I got to my first street it was pouring.

No problem. I had my rain coat. I thought the particular street would take me about 20 minutes. It took 60 minutes. By the time I was done, I looked like Marx (my 12 pound poodle) after a bath. My jeans were soaked and my back was covered in sweat. And, of course, as soon as I got back to the car, the rain stopped. UGGHHH.

I didn't get to speak with a lot of people today. I suspect they were all home doing what I wanted to do - get in my nightie and curl up with a good book - and didn't want to answer the door. At least, I got my 100 doors done.

I hope all of you stayed dry and warm today. Until tomorrow my friends.

Priya

No comments:

Post a Comment