About Me

My photo
Edmonds, Washington, United States
I am running for Edmonds City Council, Position #1. This blog is about my adventures in doorbelling and other random thoughts.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Grin and Bear It

I want to start this blog post by thanking a group of people. First, I want to thank my dear friend Tung Bui for spending time and energy dealing with Mr. Plunkett. Tung is a true friend.

Second, I want to thank Scott at the local printer's union for working with me to get to the heart of an issue that is near and dear to my heart. Your investigation skills saved me a lot of energy and time. Your ability to understand my situation and help me move on gives me faith that there are truly gracious people in the world.

Third, I want to thank Karen Deal, political director at the UCFW Union. I feel lucky to have your support and energy. Thank you.

Ok...it's no secret I am truly a softie at heart. I'm sure you will hear more gushing from me before November.

Now, back to doorbelling. I was excited about going doorbelling tonight. The weather was perfect and my faith in my fellow citizens had been renewed. Todd, my ops manager (and best husband in the world) chose a great neighborhood for me. I filled my water bottle and was on my way.

Amazingly, I went to the neighborhood and found a parking space right away. I was certain I could get most of the precinct done tonight. The first few streets went great AND THEN.......I failed to pay attention coming down a set of stairs. You guessed it, I fell down the stairs. I was thankful no one was around to see me fall into the street.

If you know me at all, you know I have had various sport injuries over the years. I dusted myself off and pulled myself together. I figured the pain would subside as it always does. I should have known something was different when it couldn't bear weight. I made a decision to keep going until I could no longer stand the pain. I finished about 50 houses before I had to stop.

Now, I am home with my feet up. I have taken some Tylenol and will be ready to start doorbelling again tomorrow -- at least until I can't stand the pain anymore.

All in all, life is good. I am lucky to have such supportive unions to work with, a great husband, beautiful children, and two great dogs.

Until tomorrow my friends.

Priya

1 comment:

  1. You are such a trooper! Shin splints, foot injuries that mean you can't walk for 2 days. Heavens! What will stop you from meeting your potential voters? I think NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete