About Me

My photo
Edmonds, Washington, United States
I am running for Edmonds City Council, Position #1. This blog is about my adventures in doorbelling and other random thoughts.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Doorbelling Resumes in Edmonds 36

So, I had taken a small break from doorbelling. I was just darned tired. But, Todd did the math and made me go back out today. MADE is the key word here. Not only did he make me go out, he made me go to a neighborhood that I had assumed was leaning heavily toward Mr. Plunkett. I was dreading it. But, as always, once I'm there doorbelling, I'm always glad I went.


Today I ran into the sweetest dog named Della at Mr. WIlson's house (not DJ Wilson). At first, I wasn't going to doorbell her owner because she was roaming free in a yard with an electric fence. But, as soon as I started walking by the driveway, Della ran as close as she could to me and started wagging her tail. How could I walk away?


Della reminded me a great deal of our old hound dog Jake. Della showed me how fast she could run and how high she could jump. She also honored me with a whole bunch of wet sloppy kisses! As it turns out, Mr. Wilson was very cool too! He's a lawyer too and will be voting for me. I also get to put a sign in his yard.


After completing my 100 houses, as my operations manager (my husband Todd) dictated I was required to complete tonight, I started looking for my car (I forgot to mark on my map where I parked it). As I was wandering around, I was stopped by a very nice Ms. Murphy. Ms. Murphy and several of her neighbors and her friends, bless their hearts, could not find me on the Primary Election ballot and had written my name in. Ms. Murphy will also be hosting a sign and a coffee for me. Thank you Ms. Murphy and friends. I will be seeing you soon.

There will be more new moments to report and old moments I haven't yet. I hope you find these stories as heartwarming as I do.

Priya







No comments:

Post a Comment